12 Quick Tips for Instagram Marketing: How to Use it for your Business
A picture says it all. A thousand words can be depicted in a simple artwork or a picture. A million emotions can be felt and conveyed by pictures.
Eyes are the gateway to the soul. Human beings tend to believe more what they see. That’s where Instagram works wonders for the marketers as it has come up with an exclusive photo sharing platform.
Over 400 Million monthly active users, 40 Billion plus photos shared, 3.5 Billion daily likes and about 80 Million photos per day Instagram boasts of brands like Birchbox, Mercedes-Benz, Fido, Myer, THE ICONIC, CCTV News, Maybelline, Canadian Tire, A & W, Guerlain, Quantas, Loreal Paris, John Lewis, Turkish Airlines, Ben & Jerry’s, Chobani, etc.
Some of the Top Brands of Instagram
[ Must read: 9 Ultimate Tips for Getting free leads via LinkedIn Social Media marketing ]
Brands place themselves by sharing the moments of wonder, delight, joy and are all impressed by Instagram’s ability to increase their brand awareness.
Instagram is a great platform for the brands to share the stories visually with the followers.
Ben and Jerry’s delicious ice cream images to crafty Levis apparel all have their audience on Instagram.
Top brands on Instagram have experienced a higher per follower engagement rate than Facebook and twitter.
So if you understand how important Instagram is for your business and want to know what all brand promotion opportunities are available for you go through the article.
How to use YouTube for sales and marketing for eCommerce
Which social media tools to use for business marketing
best ways of marketing a website
We in this article would walk you through >>
12 Instagram marketing tips for your business brand to get more visibility online:
Top Techniques for getting more leads via Twitter
Best Ways to get free leads without cold calling
1. Build your Instagram brand page
Build your Instagram brand page which appeals best to your audience. Keep the visual strategy such that the follower is quickly able to recognize you image and connect to your brand identity. Choose right filters which you wish to use for all your images and keep to the same pattern so that it is recognizable to your followers.
Check out the following screenshots of famous brands like Birchbox and Canadian Tire to see how they use specific patterns with filters.
Birchbox Instagram Profile Snapshot
Canadian Tire Instagram Profile Snapshot
2. Profile Picture and Bio
The profile picture should be your company’s logo. Explore the other brands in your segment, your competitors or the top brand and write a cohesive bio.
3. Post Regularly
Be regular with your post and research about the timings when your audience is most active on Instagram. Also cross post on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare using applications like Hootsuite to increase Visibility.
Engage more and more with your followers. Reply on the comments. Give compliments on the pictures by others.
Connect with the influencers and those with more number of followers. Try to get reposts on their profiles or #Shoutouts from them to gain followers.
Use right hashtags. Find out the hashtags used most in your industry and use them with every post for visibility. This will also get you more likes count and increase followers.
Find below the list of top 50 hashtags used on Instagram:
1. #love - 779,786,270 posts
2. #instagood - 395,944,931 posts
3. #tbt - 308,365,700 posts
4. #photooftheday - 294,408,355 posts
5. #cute - 290,999,421 posts
6. #me - 284,470,421 posts
7. #beautiful - 273,294,200 posts
8. #happy - 269,706,137 posts
9. #follow - 244,155,819 posts
10. #followme - 243,244,681 posts
11. #picoftheday - 222,344,684 posts
12. #fashion - 216,219,869 posts
13. #selfie - 215,251,685 posts
14. #summer - 211,648,873 posts
15. #tagsforlikes - 211,563,885 posts
16. #girl - 203,785,057 posts
17. #friends - 199,825,093 posts
18. #like - 193,577,034 posts
19. #fun - 192,562,987 posts
20. #instadaily - 189,631,884 posts
21. #smile - 179,888,595 posts
22. #igers - 168,737,491 posts
23. #like4like - 166,885,578 posts
24. #instamood - 155,794,793 posts
25. #food - 153,607,566 posts
26. #instalike - 140,158,735 posts
27. #family - 139,427,733 posts
28. #nofilter - 139,269,812 posts
29. #amazing - 135,851,137 posts
30. #repost - 135,560,521 posts
31. #bestoftheday - 131,064,844 posts
32. #art - 126,766,962 posts
33. #style - 124,660,737 posts
34. #likeforlike - 123,055,554 posts
35. #life - 122,800,741 posts
36. #nature -118,794,815 posts
37. #swag - 116,383,023 posts
38. #sun - 112,910,356 posts
39. #follow4follow - 110,157,971 posts
40. #instagram - 105,351,411 posts
41. #pretty - 104,302,505 posts
42. #tflers - 101,141,123 posts
43. #vscocam - 99,345,887 posts
44. #sky - 99,337,942 posts
45. #beach - 95,425,054 posts
46. #lol - 92,791,416 posts
47. #beauty - 92,184,687 posts
48. #music - 90,364,378 posts
49. #fitness - 90,288,101 posts
50. #hair - 90,245,202 posts
Follow more and more relevant people to get more followers. Steal your competitor’s followers. That’s what everyone does on social media. Get more followers by liking others posts on regular basis.
8. Unique Infographics
Create a unique set of infographics which can connect with your followers and compel the to follow you as well as keep visiting your page.
9. Caption it
Don’t forget to use the caption space. While you plan the posts strategy with right pictures, the caption also plays a great role. Share the stories of joy and enthrall the audience again and again.
Keep your followers engaged with contests and gauge the engagement with analytics. Ask them to repost for you and the one which gets the maximum likes wins.
11. Problem Solving
Solve the problems of your audience or atleast be accessible when they ask out. Post some tips, tricks and hacks from your industry which can be useful to them.
Instagram also works on the basis of filters you use. You tend to be more visible with specific audience with certain filters. Checkout below the most widely used filters which are most popular with the brands and Instagrammers.
Read this to Learn more about Instagram Filters
Instagram Tools Recommended :
Webstagram: Finds best Hashtags for your posts.
Populagram: Find Popular hastags, filters and people.
Schedugram: Schedule your Instagram posts.
IconoSquare: Info, analytics and followers insights.
Top 10 Locations on Instagram in 2014:
1. Disneyland Park, Californian.
2. Dodger Stadium, Los Angels
3. Times Square, New York
4. Siam Paragon, Bangkok
5. Gorky park, Moscow
6. Louvre Museum, Paris
7. Red Square, Moscow
8. Madison Square, New York
9. Yankee Stadium, New York
10. Dubai Mall, Dubai
Local advertising tips for businesses
Facebook Ads Tips for Businesses
5 Best email Marketing Tools